May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylation for babies ?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by daniariete2000, Jan 22, 2015.

1. daniariete2000

daniariete2000 Senior Member

Hi all,

I just would like to know what to do when someones with mthfr problems born child ...

I think should be good to test baby for mthfr and maybe supplement with some folates. But how can be possible when baby has just some months ?

Anyones had any experience ?

Thanks

Daniele

2. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

I think the baby should have breast milk only, and the baby will ingest everything the mother ingests. So it is advisable that the mother has a clean GF diet with no folic acid. Ben Lynch might have posted about it already at http://mthfr.net/

It is good to know ar least the MTHFR status from both parents.

justy likes this.
  3. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Well the MTHFR mutation is not a "death sentence" in an of itself :)
    With a proper nutrition and healthy life style many people can carry on an entire life without problems. Of course knowing that you have the problem is always good and it will inform your choices for the future.

I am not sure if it's sensible to give supplements to small babies. Maybe later in his development, if there's a real need for them.

4. Alea Ishikawa

Alea Ishikawa

Daniele - Like Gondwanaland said, I'd suggest just breastfeeding now and holding off on any supplements until they are older.

You may be able to get them tested for a MTHFR mutation.

justy likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.