1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylation cycle and Vitamins ???

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by ramkishore, Jul 2, 2014.

1. ramkishore

ramkishore

Hi

I want to know which vitamins (especially B vitamins) are used at different parts of methylation cycle. I hope there are four cycles which together form methylation cycle as per Amy Yasko.

i just want to know which forms of B vitamins are used readily by body during methylation.

Regards
  2. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Hi,
    to make a long story short the main B vitamins involved in the methylation cycle are B12, B9 and B6, as exemplified by this diagram:

[​IMG]

For a more in depth discussion you can check Dr. Ben Lynch's presentation on YouTube:

3. ramkishore

ramkishore

wow...great diagram. The simplicity side of complexity.
    thanks for that diagram.

which forms of B6 and B9 should I take?

I know its p5p for b6. but why should i not take direct form of B6? If methylation is wrong, is B6 in direct form not usable? Same question with B9?

Warm Regards
    Kishore
  4. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Normally the best forms are the active forms:
    B9 -> Methylfolate (e.g. Metafolin or Quatrefolic)
    B12 -> MethylCobalamin
    B6 -> P5P is the active form. You can also use regular B6 and let your body activate it. It may not work for everyone though. Some docs use both forms.
    ramkishore likes this.
  5. ramkishore

ramkishore

@PeterPositive
    Lastly NAD and NADH confusion. which one should I use?
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014

See more popular forum discussions.