1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylation Block without gluthathione depletion?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Koivy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Koivy

Koivy

I recently had a Spectracell test and it showed that I had adequate levels of gluthathione (slightly above the minimum reference). I was deficient in Vitamin B3 and B6, folate, zinc, and coenzyme Q-10.

Is it still possible to have problems with my methylation cycle if I do not seem to have gluthathione depletion?

Thanks!
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I'm not sure if Spectracell measures reduced glutathione or total glutathione--they are different and reduced is what we need.

Sushi
  3. invisiblejungle

invisiblejungle Senior Member

Chicago suburbs
    Koivy, if someone has low reduced glutathione and high oxidized glutathione, their total glutathione could look normal event though the person is having methylation issues. If Spectracell didn't specify, they probably tested for total glutathione. The reason why Rich VanK recommended the Vitamin Diagnostics methylation panel is because they test for reduced and oxidized glutathione.
    Sushi likes this.
  4. Koivy

Koivy

Thanks so much for the info! I am less confused now :)

See more popular forum discussions.