• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation and POTS, healing, paradoxical or just startup ?

vortex

After a lifetime of blood pooling in my extremities I am now getting overconstriction and having very cold hands and feet after restarting the methylation protocol.

I have been trying to do the methylation protocol on and off for a few years. I always have nasty herx and startup and detoxing. So I have been taking breaks on an off, each time I am able to restart and tolerate higher doses without issues, so I was making progress.

But lately I have made alot of progress in my health after being on antivirals, gcmaf and some general detox
so I am able to tolerate methylfolate without any symptoms or startup, except this pots issue. No detox or herxing or any issues other than a reversal of my pots going from blood pooling to overconstriction at rest causing cold hands and feet.

I have had POTS symptoms for 40 years, I remember as a child I couldnt stand at the bathroom sink too long brushing my teeth as my feet would get red puffy and itchy.

Since I can tolerate higher doses now, I have been experimenting just to see what will happen at higher doses and now I am up to 5mg of methylfolate. I have considered that it is parodoxical startup deficiency and I have tried taking another 1mg when it happens to see if it helps or hurts and I cant really tell. I would start adding more to battle parodoxical but I am already at doses that I am unfamiliar with and hate to push it, so I have been waiting it out.

The thing I dont know yet is that I am not sure if I am healing and my system is coming back online and it is just oversensitive and overconstricting because it has never worked in my life and is just oversensitive right now and will eventually adjust and calm down and normalize or I am just getting wacky and chaotic dysautonomy and is not being healed, rather it has just grown more actively dysfunctional ?

anybody else have this issue ?