• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation - ACAT and absorbable Glutathione...?

Bansaw

Just been to see my doc. She's pretty up on Methylation and recommended that I take something for my ACAT mutations to aid with energy. She is recommending ACAT Assist (see below) which is a new product; can't buy it online.
She's also saying that I need to supp Glutathione but she says that its very very hard to absorb so you have to take it in the proper form. She says that one of the only (or few) companies that have done a good job on S-Aceytl-Glutathione is XYmogen.

Anyway, just wanted your input on how you handled your ACAT issues and absorbed Glutathione...
Acat.jpg

Valentijn

Just been to see my doc. She's pretty up on Methylation and recommended that I take something for my ACAT mutations to aid with energy. She is recommending ACAT Assist (see below) which is a new product; can't buy it online.
Your doctor is wrong regarding ACAT. There is no research showing that the ACAT1 SNP reported by Yasko and Genetic Genie has any impact at all. Buying something to treat a non-existent problem is completely ridiculous.

Bansaw

Your doctor is wrong regarding ACAT. There is no research showing that the ACAT1 SNP reported by Yasko and Genetic Genie has any impact at all. Buying something to treat a non-existent problem is completely ridiculous.
Just a heads up that Genetic genie has not been updated for quite some time. Things are changing rapidly in the Methylation world.