A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylation 101 by Chris Kresser

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by LivingwithFibro, May 27, 2015.

1. LivingwithFibro

LivingwithFibro Lily

http://chriskresser.com/methylation-101/

Did anyone read the transcript or listen to the podcast? I thought it'd be great to start a thread on one of Chris's most recent podcast and share thoughts and questions.

SB_1108 and Gondwanaland like this.
  2. SB_1108

SB_1108 Senior Member

I have this issue...

What do you do when Hydroxy B12 and Methyl B12 are both suggested and supposed to be avoided according to the recommended supplement list?

Specifically, these were my results:
    COMT V158M +/-
    COMT H62H +/-

VDR Taq +/+
    MOA A R297R +/+

MTHFR C677T +/-
    MTRR A66G +/-
    MTRR K350A +/-

BHMT-02 +/+
    CBS C699T +/-

3. LivingwithFibro

LivingwithFibro Lily

I do not know. :( I'm not someone who is too knowledgeable about methylation or an experienced practitioner. You should post that on the podcast page, Dr Chris is very active and may just get to you. I'm sure other people here may chime in as well, best wishes!

4. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    It sounds like he's talking about Nutrahacker. I have the same issue with it.

Sometimes you just have to try the supplement and see how it goes.

For example, according to Yasko, I'm supposed to take both hydroxy and methylcobalamin. However, in reality, I don't tolerate hydroxy - I got an icky revved up feeling from it. I'm doing fine with methyl/adenosyl.

In your case, I would start with hydroxy (because of COMT) and see how it goes.

SB_1108 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.