• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methyl Trapping or Potassium wasting? Could use some help.

Bdeep86

Yesterday I took a pinch of methylfolate along with my b12's which are still relatively low. 1/8th of dibencozide and 500mcg of hb12, 200 approx mcg of 5-mthf. A little while after I drank a coffee and had this horrible attack. I'm not sure what it was but I could feel either my kidneys or adrenals kicking. I got panicked felt off balance. I know coffee can wast potassium but at this amount i'm not sure. Anyone one have any ideas?

L'engle

moogle
Yikes! No idea but it sounds unnerving. It doesn't sound similar to what I have with potassium wasting, which is weakness and leg cramps. It could be a start-up reaction but I don't know. I guess if the supplements are waking up your adrenal function it could cause a hypersensitive feeling. Not sure what to recommend. Caution I guess?!

Bdeep86

Thanks for the reply L'engle, so It doesn't sound like your potassium symptoms? I guess i'll just watch it more and see what else it could be.