1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methyl Folate triggering seizures

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Milford, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Milford

Milford

Anyone heard of 5MTHF triggering seizures, if started at too high a dose? This is in a person with previous seizure disorder due to Lyme Disease.
    I am pretty sure this is what is happening, since side effects of methyl folate include headache and migraine, makes logical step that the next step would be seizure....... But am having a hard time finding references.
  2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    Possibly raised inflammation from paradoxical folate deficiency. If not other theories and even studies show that methyl folate can temporarily raise inflammation in the body. I have lyme disease and use methyl folate, felt horrible at first, now it makes me feel better with little adverse effect.
    Milford likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.