Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methyl B12 to Folate Ratio

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Tigger, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Tigger

Tigger

Hi all,

I do absolutely fantastic on methylfolate (15 mg x2/day) but as soon as I take methylcobalamin (1.25 mg x2/day), I feel absolutely horrible (brain fog, low energy, depressed, anti-social, panic, pain, etc.). I've tried countless ratios and brands with no changes. Please note that I've done around 50 chelating days with ALA yet the reactions to mb12 remain. Also, the same issues occur when I take hb12.

Any idea what could be going on?

2. Eastman

Eastman Senior Member

Previously, you said that you benefitted fron the methylation supplements but lose the benefits after 3-5 hours. But now, you think it's the mB12 that is giving you problems?

3. Tigger

Tigger

Sorry, I should have clarified. The amazing benefits I receive are directly from folate. I make sure to take mb12 at some point during the day and I feel the negative effects directly afterword.

4. Eastman

Eastman Senior Member

Assuming that the negative effects are from the mB12, they seem surprisingly fast. Some of your symptoms do appear under Freddd's Group 3 symptoms for induced folate deficiency though.

5. Tigger

Tigger

I do react surprisingly quickly. I notice a shift within 15 minutes of having the sublingual tab in my lower gum.

And definitely. I'm just blown away that I need 30+ mg per day. I wonder if it's an absorption issue.

See more popular forum discussions.