The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methionine supplements ?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by daniariete2000, Nov 19, 2014.

1. daniariete2000

daniariete2000 Senior Member

Hi all,

I would like to know if Rick or Freed never suggested supplements of Methionine for increasing methylation .

Thanks

Daniele

2. adreno

adreno PR activist

It's one step away from homocysteine. I wouldn't do it.

3. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

SAM-e was mentioned in Freddd's discussion about his protocol, not in Rich's as far as I can remember. It's the "active" form of methionine if you will, and it's typically low in people with methylation issues.

If you're already taking reduced folate and active B12, SAM-e is one extra element to experiment with, starting at a low dose of say 100-200mg.

It can be useful to deal with histamine issues for under-methylators, helps supporting neurotransmitters balance, supports glutathione dependent enzymes, helps maintaining a healthy connective tissue.

I've been on a and off of it for some time and I haven't seen or felt major differences. Other people have found it very helpful.

At dosages of 100-400mg it's very safe (don't take without adequate methyl supplements or it could raise your homocysteine)

cheers

melamine likes this.
  4. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Yasko's Holistic Health All In One Multi contains some methionine along with many co-factors for methylation. I'm taking a ridiculously small amount, but doing well with it.

See more popular forum discussions.