• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Metamucil "Do More Than You Think" Essay Contest--$100,000 Prize

frenchtulip

Metamucil "Do More Than You Think" Contest: Write an essay of up to 2,500 characters telling why your favorite 501(c)3 nonprofit deserves $100,000. Enter by Dec. 16, 2013. Judges will choose ten finalists based on Originality and Creativity 45%, Appropriateness of Essay to Theme 40%, and Sincerity of Essay 15%. Then there will be a public vote. Open to residents of the 50 United States and DC. http://www.DoMoreThanYouThink.com/. The prize for the winning entry is a trip to the Dr. Oz Show for the entrant and $100,000 for the nonprofit featured in the essay.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
That is a tall order for someone with cognitive dysfunction. Does anyone have a friend or relative with good writing skills and enough interest in ME to enter this?

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I don't understand what the theme is.

Is it "do more than you think"?

"health and wellness charitable organizations"?

something else?

I don't understand what the theme is.

Is it "do more than you think"?

"health and wellness charitable organizations"?

something else?

Yes it's confusing, but the form says it twice.

It's why your chosen charity should win the money.

"Make the case for why your favorite health and wellness charitable organization deserves $100,000 in 2,500 characters or fewer."

frenchtulip

Entry deadline is Dec. 16th! US/DC residents may write about any US 501(c)3 health and wellness nonprofit. This is the largest U.S. contest prize we have seen in a while. Here's hoping there will be several entries!

I feel that we'd be up against children's health charities and charities for major illnesses, and judges would not understand M.E. :(

Do we have any charities for M.E. that are more sympathetic? I guess there are child and teen M.E. charities, but are they only abroad? There are severe M.E. charities in the UK, are there any in the US?