1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Metamucil "Do More Than You Think" Essay Contest--$100,000 Prize

Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by frenchtulip, Oct 9, 2013.

1. frenchtulip

frenchtulip Senior Member

Metamucil "Do More Than You Think" Contest: Write an essay of up to 2,500 characters telling why your favorite 501(c)3 nonprofit deserves $100,000. Enter by Dec. 16, 2013. Judges will choose ten finalists based on Originality and Creativity 45%, Appropriateness of Essay to Theme 40%, and Sincerity of Essay 15%. Then there will be a public vote. Open to residents of the 50 United States and DC. http://www.DoMoreThanYouThink.com/. The prize for the winning entry is a trip to the Dr. Oz Show for the entrant and $100,000 for the nonprofit featured in the essay.
    beaker, WillowJ and Little Bluestem like this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    That is a tall order for someone with cognitive dysfunction. Does anyone have a friend or relative with good writing skills and enough interest in ME to enter this?
    frenchtulip likes this.
  3. Purple

Purple Bundle of purpliness

Very interesting and enough time too.
    WillowJ and frenchtulip like this.
  4. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    I don't understand what the theme is.

Is it "do more than you think"?

"health and wellness charitable organizations"?

something else?
  5. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Yes it's confusing, but the form says it twice.

It's why your chosen charity should win the money.

"Make the case for why your favorite health and wellness charitable organization deserves $100,000 in 2,500 characters or fewer."
    WillowJ likes this.
  6. frenchtulip

frenchtulip Senior Member

Entry deadline is Dec. 16th! US/DC residents may write about any US 501(c)3 health and wellness nonprofit. This is the largest U.S. contest prize we have seen in a while. Here's hoping there will be several entries!
  7. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    I feel that we'd be up against children's health charities and charities for major illnesses, and judges would not understand M.E. :(

Do we have any charities for M.E. that are more sympathetic? I guess there are child and teen M.E. charities, but are they only abroad? There are severe M.E. charities in the UK, are there any in the US?

See more popular forum discussions.