1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Metametrix Results

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by paul80, Aug 16, 2012.

1. paul80

paul80

Hi all, i was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on my metametrix GI results. Seems like i don't have candida which my doctor expected, but i have parasites instead.

My plan is to get rid of the parasite, take leaky gut supplements, and start the methylation protocol. Im not sure if i should do them all at once or kill the parasite first? Maybe vitamins or minerals can feed the parasite?

I've been taking activated charcoal and it has ben helping with my gut problems a lot. But i read somewhere that it take vitmains out your system. So i'm not sure whether i need to stop taking the charcoal when i start the methylation treatment.

I was also wondering if i can start on the betaine HCL for low stomach acid, or should i avoid this for the parasite like with H.Pliori?

Attached Files:

2. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    Blastocystosis is a tough infection to get rid off, I am afraid. Wikipedia provides somo info on treatment.

If it were me, I would try to get rid of the parasite first. That includes the betaine HCL, in my opinion.

If taken at the same time, the charcoal will probably absorb some of the stuff you take together...

In the results, I noticed that you also don't have much good intestinal flora. After getting ridding of the infection, I think it would probably be a good idea to consider a good and strong probiotic such as VSL #3.

Good luck!

3. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
    Maybe you could look up Ivermectin. I read it on a lot of chronic illness fora.

4. paul80

paul80

Hi sorry i didn't reply i have no internet at the moment and need to visit family to use theirs.

Thanks for the info. Why would you avoid the Betaine, do you think it would irritate the parasite?

Also did you notice it said there was another thing found under parasites?
    Can someone explain what this means:: "A taxonomy unavailable finding likely indicates an ingested protozoan and not a human parasite."

And the part under fungi/yeast, it says it is probably ingested mold, i guess this is nothing to bother about then?

5. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    Before taking betaine HCL, I think it makes sense to ensure your gut is free of "irritants" with the parasite being one. It is a cautionary thing more than anything else.

I personally would not worry about the "taxonomy unavailable" bugs. As it says in the report, it is probably something you ingested.

6. paul80

paul80

Ok, thanks, i'll let you all know how it goes

See more popular forum discussions.