Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Metal detox: King Chlorella? Prime Chlorella? or recommend another quality brand?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by hubcap_halo, Aug 18, 2011.

1. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo

Washington, DC
    Hi All,

I'm doing metal chelation and taking King Chlorella. My doctor recommends Biopure. I've also heard that Prime Chlorella is good.

Anyone else taking these brands? Are there any other metal free, safely grown brands that anyone has found?

What I've heard is that it's all about the conditions under the chlorella is grown--it must be grown indoors in a greenhouse like fashion free of any metals in the soil or air or the Chlorella with bind with it. That's why cheaper brands may be worse than not taking chlorella at all, because they're already contaminated with metal.

Thoughts?
    THANK YOU!

2. Lou

Lou Senior Member

southeast US
    I just ordered PectaSol Chelation Complex. They tout it is a safer detox method, doesn't chelate vital minerals, and avoids transferring your heavy metals from fat tissue(a safer storage place they claim) to the brain. I don't think any form of chlorella
    is used in the supplement at all. If you like, after awhile of use, I'll let you know what I think of the product.

3. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Hi Hubcap,

My doctor recommends Yaeyama Chlorella which is a different subspecies I think.

Sushi

4. Vegas

Vegas Senior Member

Virginia
    You might want to spend 5 minutes over on the Yahoo Frequent Dose Chelation Forum

Search or post a question about how many people became much sicker after taking Chlorella. I am sure you will be universally discouraged from using it.

5. Lou

Lou Senior Member

southeast US
    hubcap__halo,

In case you or someone else here is interested I found more information about PectaSol at Advanced Nutritionals. I think it was around thirty-five dollars for month's supply. I'm with Vegas re chlorella, not something I'd want to use again.

6. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo

Washington, DC
    Hi Lou,
    Thank you so much for doing the extra research and for your recommendation. I will check out PectaSol.
    $35 for a months supply is really reasonable for a good metal detox supplement. Biopure and other brands are really expensive. Even Nutricology king chlorella is not cheap if you're doing metal chelation with a doc as I am and need a lot of support in binding the metals and getting them out of the body which Chlorella is supposedly very good for. Thanks!

7. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo

Washington, DC
    Hi Sushi,

Thank you so much for the recomendation. I will check out Yaeyama and do some research on it.
    I know you are a very well researched person and really respect your opinion.
    I hope you are doing well and would love to hear any updates on your progress.
    Are you still in Europe working with doctor M? I want to hear how things are going for folks on GcMAF.

best,
    P

8. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo

Washington, DC
    Thanks Vegas. I appreciate hearing the cons of any treatment.
    I think many become sicker from taking Chlorella because it binds with heavy metals like lead and mercury and thus
    if taking in larger amounts can cause a lot of detox symptoms, herxing etc....
    But basically it's chlorophyll which is a pretty universally accepted thing and very positive nutrient for the body.
    But thanks for the warning and if I can find any more hard evidence supporting the position of Chlorellla as harmful I will certainly share it here and take it very seriously.

My own experience with Chlorella has been very positive.
    I'm coming out of a five year relapse into a much higher state of health due to IV C, Ozone, supplements, removing mercury fillings, metal chelation etc.....
    and Chlorella has actually made my herx symptoms from the metal chelation more mild.....

thank you,
    P

9. Vegas

Vegas Senior Member

Virginia

10. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    I don't doubt that many people have gotten sick from Chlorella, but it seems like most of the people warning about chlorella are quoting Andy Cutler (such as the link provided above). Again, I'm not saying he's wrong...just saying

See more popular forum discussions.