After 13 years of chronic health problems, such as CFS, scoliosis, nerve damage, hypertension, loss of bowel and bladder function, insomnia, muscle cramps, etc. etc., I eventually discovered they were related to mercury poisoning from having 16 dental amalgam fillings. I had the fillings safely removed last year and began a course of treatment for chelation at a clinic which was recommended to me by others who had been very successfully treated. I had heavy metal levels tested and these showed definite sensitivities to both forms of mercury, tin and nickel, and borderline for several others. I was also diagnosed with dysbiosis. Due to my location, I cannot have the infusions but have been on the following supplements for the last four months: Nystatin (anti-fungal) Branched Chain Amino Acids Magnesium Zinc Selenium B-Complex Vit C Vit D I have also been on thrice-weekly B12 injections and folic acid for the last 3 years and this made a huge difference to my wellbeing. However, I deteriorated badly at the end of 2010 when I was unwittingly exposed to mercury vapour when I opened a sealed box on my lap which contained a shattered low-energy light-bulb. The daily diary that I keep recorded symptoms from 6 days after this and these were pains in my right-hand side underarm and hip, sudden serious hypertension, followed by nausea and vomiting and this went on for months. I also lost strength in my legs which has further reduced my mobility. I recently had the first set of repeat blood tests and these showed that organic mercury has reduced a bit, tin and nickel are substantially reduced but inorganic mercury had risen considerably. It was explained to me that this is likely due to the mercury being shifted around but not yet excreted. Mitochondrial function had improved a bit too. Generally, it all looks like it is going in the right direction - so why do I feel so awful? The first few months were hard going due to trying to tolerate the anti-fungal medicine but I got there and have been managing the highest dose well. The furry tongue has gone. I can't say I felt any particular overall improvement but my appetite seemed to be a bit better. However, the last few weeks have been difficult and I'm back to feeling nauseated, dizzy, tired (but can't sleep), headachey, sore back and am full of gas. Are these continuing detox symptoms and am I being unrealistic about expecting to feel better at this stage? I keep reading that detox symptoms should only last a few weeks at their worst. I had also been put on the dreaded detox diet but couldn't last on it and relaxed it a bit. However, I feel I am eating well and keeping sugar and carbohydrates to a minimum. I have every faith in the doctor I am seeing and know she has much worse cases than me and I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that what I'm experiencing is normal and to keep soldiering on. Thanks.