• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mercury detox - cysteine, glycine, and glutamic acid

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I read that these glutathione precursor amino acids may be a good way of de-toxing for mercury in 'sensitive' individuals like myself. The dose was 3 - 5grms daily over a period of 3 months.
I felt worse after having glutathione IV infusions last year so are these the same thing?
I want to de-tox the mercury I have in the hope that I may then be able to start Rich's methylation protocol again, I couldn't tolerate even tiny doses last year.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Can anyone tell me the difference between acetyl l -glutamine, l-glutamine and glutamine peptides? I didn't realise that cysteine is NAC which I can't tolerate, just wondering whether this is the right road to go down really.

richvank

Hi, maryb.

I'm sorry that you were not able to tolerate the methylation treatment, even at very small dosages.

Do you have lab test evidence of high mercury in your body?

As you probably know, mercury detoxification has been a controversial subject for a long time. I don't have a definitive answer on what approach is best. I do think that Dr. Klinghardt is about as knowledgeable as anyone about this, and I think you can find information about his detox protocols on the internet. He has spoken at autism conferences about it, especially the Lyme-Induced Autism conferences. Another approach is the one that has been advocated for quite a while by Andrew Cutler. Some have reported being helped by this approach, while others have not. The DAN! (Defeat Autism Now!) project has produced consensus reports on how to do mercury detox. ACAM (American College for Advancement of Medicine) has held seminars on this topic, also. I do not know which of these approaches is the best. They all have advocates.

Best regards,

Rich

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Thanks for replying Rich I know I need to have a test at some point but having had a mouth full of metal fillings for a long time I'm sure there will be a lot of metal accumulated, I could be wrong but feel I need to at least have some idea of a path to take when they are all out, so many different approaches and being highly sensitive doesn't help, that is why the amino acid one appealed to me. I'll ponder a while yet. Thank you anyway.