1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mercury chelation question

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Mindy, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Mindy

Mindy

I received my NutraEval test results, which indicated high mercury and copper. I have a mouth full of amalgams so no surprise here. My MD said that mercury contributes to gut dysbiosis, which is also a problem.

He wants me to chelate mercury with DMSA and ALA. However, according to the Cutler protocol, one should removal their amalgams before chelating. I asked my dr. about this, and he said that isn't necessary b/c the mercury could be in the tissues, etc and not just from the fillings.

I would like to have my amalgams removed and have a consult this week. However, I'm scared to get anesthia right now in case my histamine is still high (as anesthia increases histamine).

Has anyone chelated mercury WITH amalgams still in? Or know if this is advisable?
    Thanks.

2. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

B.C., Canada
    Andy Cutler says definitely no and he's the expert in this field so I would not chelate with amalgams still in. What happens when you get local anesthetic with your histamines? And I wonder if you could request a type of anesthetic that is less likely to set off a histamine reaction.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Sparrowhawk likes this.
  3. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
    The Adult Chelation and Frequent Dose Chelation discussion groups on Yahoo! are very clear on this point, do NOT chelate with amalgams still in place. Even if you don't get Cutler's books, you can learn a ton just reading the daily posts from those two groups. Step one is get the amalgams out, with a dentist trained to do so safely.

4. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

Maybe Andy Cutler's protocol isn't good for you with your amalgams still in place, but taking clay could only be good for you. If you reduce the load of mercury and other acids and toxins before you get your amalgams removed, you certainly will be in a better place to have them removed. Acids in your mouth will continually cause mercury to be released from your amalgams. Clay in your mouth and digestive tract will not cause your amalgams to leak. It will alkalize your body and saliva, and you will have less leakage.

5. chilove

chilove Senior Member

I agree with Violetta. Both calcium bentonite clay and activated charcoal are much safer, gentler chelation options anyway. Get your amalgams out by a bio safe trained dentist. DO the vitamin C IV or at the very least take lots of vitamin C, clay and activated charcoal before and after the trip to the dentist. Just having two amalgams removed put me in mercury detox hell. Calcium bentonite clay saved the day. I love it!

See more popular forum discussions.