Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mental fatigue only...not physical

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by soxfan, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:01 AM.

1. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    Here I go with another fatigue question...since this is my disabling symptom. Does anyone ONLY have mental/brain/eye/head fatigue? I have to admit I do get the feeling of being totally physically drained when I have a crash which is several times a year.

On a daily basis I have almost intolerable head tiredness/fatigue where I feel the overwhelming need to lay down and just close my eyes. It is almost a painful fatigue but not a sleepy or drowsy feeling. Just the need to close my eyes and rest...which really does no good but necessary.

I have no weakness...no memory... cognitive....thinking...problems. I do have to limit my computer and phone use but it seems to not make much of a difference.

I am able to do almost anything physical ...well not intensive exercise but am able to walk 4-5 miles daily and chores.
    I don’t feel the fatigue as much if I am just sitting down but when I start moving around it gets bad. Sometimes my eyes start to burn but it is not dryness a season I have been tested.

I have not been diagnosed with POTS as the doctor doesn’t think it’s the issue...

Any thoughts? I am thinking about seeing a therapist because I have no where else to turn.

See more popular forum discussions.