1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Menstrual Cycle, Histamine and Progesterone.

Discussion in 'Mast Cell Disorders/Mastocytosis' started by Ema, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I thought this was an interesting perspective on the menstrual cycle in terms of histamine. I'm not sure if it is true though it would bear further investigations. It also explains why women may have a higher preponderance than men.

http://www.mwt.net/~drbrewer/Histamine_Progesterone.htm
    aimossy and camas like this.
  2. Mindy

Mindy

Ema, I have not read the entire article (too tired from lack of sleep), but this is interesting. If you remember me, I am all of a sudden dealing with a histamine issue, and the last nearly 2 months have been hell for me. Unable to eat, lost 10% of my body weight in a couple of wks. Multiple chemical sensitivites.

I've stabilized my weight loss through the Failsafe elimination diet over the last 4 wks but am still having histamine issues.

The one thing that caught my eye with this article is that for the first time in my 22 years of menstrating (I'm 34), I missed my last period. I have ALWAYS been very regular, but it did not come this month. I wonder if this is due to the weight loss. Just another problem for me to worry about, I guess.

See more popular forum discussions.