1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

menopause/female hormones

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Cindi, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Cindi

Cindi Senior Member

Hi all

Do you know what could be causes of low estrogen and progesterone? I am menopausal.Is this totally seperate issue from other hormones like cortisol or are all hormones interrelated.If they are not related than i wonder if i should ask to have my pituitary checked. That is why i am asking. Thanks so much.
    Note: My answers may be late.

2. Symptomatic

Symptomatic Senior Member

I get my estrogen and progesterone testing done by Labrix - you might find info on their website (or call them, my doctor says they are very good at what they do).

3. Cindi

Cindi Senior Member

Thanks symptomatic.:)

4. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    Cindi.............are your estrogen and progesterone levels low or below the normal range? I thought that estrogen and progesterone automatically started to get low when we enter menopause........maybe I'm wrong. My levels were actually way below normal so I decided to try bio-identical compound estrogen and progesterone.

5. Symptomatic

Symptomatic Senior Member

And my estrogen is normal but my progesterone is way low, so the ratio is skewed. I'm taking bio-identical progesterone.

6. Cindi

Cindi Senior Member

Tammy, Sorry for late answer. I was away from my PC. Limits i have given were atually limits for menopausal, So, my values seem to be low for menopause,too.Thanks and best wishes.

See more popular forum discussions.