1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Memorial Thread: M.E. HERO’'s gone but never forgotten.

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by allyb, May 12, 2013.

1. beaker

beaker CFS/ME 1986

USA
    Peace Tom H. Thank you for your courage and work on behalf of all of us. I'm sorry you could not fight any longer.
    We shall go on !
    God Bless.
    allyb and Kati like this.
  2. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    allyb and beaker like this.
  3. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    allyb likes this.
  4. allyb

allyb Senior Member

M.E Hero...................gone but NEVER forgotten. 25th September Rich Van Konynenburg

I can never forget this day last year.... It was my 50th birthday..........our community was rocked, we lost a true warrior; a gentleman and an M.E. pioneer. At the time I never wrote a thing.... I was numb but I took great comfort in reading all the wonderful tributes to Rich Van Konynenburg; a man I had admired greatly from afar. So many people had a story to tell of their relationship with Rich and what he had done for them. Rich's wife Diana was so gracious in sharing with and involving our community. When I had this idea to start the thread Alex and I had spoke many times about the unfillable void left by his passing. One year on I still read his old posts and watch his video presentations and it's so hard to believe he's gone. I know for sure I will not be alone in this.....

Sending love and warmth to Diana, Rich's family and everyone here who had the good fortune to know this incredible gentleman..........

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Sean, Allyson, alex3619 and 2 others like this.
  5. John H Wolfe

John H Wolfe Senior Member

London
    I gather today is the 1st anniversary of his death - seemed like a good guy who did some invaluable work in our cause. RIP
  6. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Yes, today is the anniversary of Rich's death. I am sad. I miss him so much. :cry: There is no one remotely like him.

Very best wishes to his wife Diana and to the rest of his family.

Sushi
    Allyson, beaker, Sammy and 3 others like this.
  7. Helen

Helen Senior Member

Sweden
    Thanks Sushi for expressing this so well.
    I agree, and I admit there hasn´t been a day without thinking of Rich since he passed away. I am looking forward seeing someone doing a scientific study, evaluating his simplified methylation protocol. So far I haven´t seen anything contradictionary to Rich´s theory; that there is a glutathione depletion due to genetics as a necessary factor in ME/CFS. Not a sufficient factor though, but necessary.

Helen
    beaker and Sammy like this.
  8. Sammy

Sammy

Very sad day indeed. It has been exacterly 1 year, the only reason I came online today. Sadly missed.
    Little Bluestem likes this.
  9. Allyson

Allyson Senior Member

Australia, Melbourne
    Yes he was indeed wonderful and is sadly missed by all of us who benefited from his generous and thoughtful contributions.

Best wishes to all his family who will have sad memories.

Ally
    Nielk likes this.
  10. Radio

Radio *****

Thank you Rich van Konyenburg for everything you have done for this forum...RIP.
    rosie26 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.