• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Members of Congress are coming together in a single voice to stand for ME/CFS. Will your Representat

Emily Taylor

DC.jpg

This week, SMCI staff and Board of Directors traveled to Washington DC and got results!

Congresswomen Ana Eshoo and Zoe Lofgren are leading other members of congress in a letter and appropriations request for ME/CFS. Read the full letter and committee report language here. In brief, the proposed effort:

(1) Supports continuation of the $5.4 million ME/CFS funding for the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC),

(2) Encourages CDC to resolve ME/CFS case definition issues and expand its efforts to educate health care providers,

(3) Recommends that NIH create a strategic plan for ME/CFS research and increase the amount and types of funding,

(4) Urges the Department of Health and Human Services to devise a multi-year strategic plan. The sign-on letter states that the increases in NIH’s budget affords NIH the opportunity and ability to increase funding to better reflect the ME/CFS disease burden.

This action is a joint effort between #MEAction and the Solve ME/CFS Initiative.

Use our easy form to send a message to your member of congress and ask them to join the effort today – *deadline is March 14*!

Last edited by a moderator: