• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Meloxicam may increase potassium

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
so my doctor was checking drug interactions, and he got a message that this was the interaction between potassium citrate and meloxicam: meloxicam increases potassium.

might be useful to know. ;)

meloxicam is very useful to me; I just have to take it with a stomach/intestine protectant. but if I stop it for some reason, I crash pretty hard (more brain fuzzies, much more difficulty walking, more pain - additional meds were stopped at this time, I think, so not solely due to meloxicam). I was blaming it on increased inflammation, but could be potassium drop is also a factor?

Rufous McKinney

Anyone using this mediation for joints/arthritis/pain?

My doctor has subscribed it to my older husband it seems side effects concerning....curious if anyone around here has taken his?

MELOXICAM

(Mobic)