• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

melatonin- has anyone had success?

suzanne

I am struggling with titrating off valium at night time. I am having my usual delayed sleep pattern where I lay there until 3 amd and then cant get up until 10 am.

My dr has said to try malatonin. The malatonin is sublingual. When I take 5 mg 30 minutes before bed, i still cannot sleep and i get vivid dreams. When I double the dose i seem to get a better result and am asleep in about an hour, but i get terrible nightmares- will this symptom go away?

Also has anyone any idea about whether i should take the melatonin a lot earier at night - I read somewhere that for autistic children wth this sme problem they take the melatonin at about 8 pm.

I would be interested in how others deal with this sleep problem without resorting to drugs , as i am trying to come off pharmaceticals

thanks, Suznne

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
also try tryptophan on empty stomache 2 hours after food or 5htp both help make melatonin and serotonin which helps u relax, kava, valerian, zizyphus. SOmetimes it takes a combo of natural things to help. Have u stopped valium or slowly lowering your dose. Slowly lowering your dose is supposedly alot easier.

cheers!!!

Valentijn

I do 5-HTP right before eating dinner. My doc said an hour before bed, but I was awake til midnight doing that, and directions online said before dinner. So that's been working pretty well for me. Less wake ups during the night, and I feel like I'm getting deeper sleep.