1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Meirleir confirms XMRV findings in Europe

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Rivotril, Aug 24, 2010.

1. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    lol .. funny
  2. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    Group hug across the Atlantic. I am so happy for my European comrades. It's about time a study in Europe confirmed. Would be interesting to see the cohort criteria.

Has anyone called White and Wesseley yet?
  3. BEG

BEG Senior Member

Southeast US
    How right you are, urban travels. I'd like to see it on the front page of my newspaper.

UK, you rock!:D:cool:
  4. Cloud

Cloud Guest

Woooo hooooooo....Go Dr Kenny!!

Thanks for sharing everyone. So nice to see the waves of good news for a change.

Run....thumb sucking, bed wetting psychobablers!
  5. Sunshine

Sunshine Senior Member

UK
    He'll continue to flip flop Tina.

“Continuing attribution of all symptoms to a persistent ‘virus’ preserves self-esteem”.
    Cognitive behaviour therapy in chronic fatigue syndrome. Butler S, Chalder T, Ron M, Wessely S. JNNP 1991:54:153-158

When caught out by XMRV/MULV 19 years later he says....

"We're not going to go doing more and more tests to find out what was the virus because, frankly, even if we found it there's nothing we're going to do about it.
    We're in the business of rehabilitation."

Chronic fatigue syndrome, BMJ Podcast 5th March 2010
  6. Guido den Broeder

Guido den Broeder *****

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    I am not particularly looking forward to a diagnosis called 'gamma retroviral disease' or something similar.

Come on, people, what we have is ME, which is not the same as prostate cancer. Let's not let them force us onto another pile, after two decades of CFS.
  7. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

I prefer a name containing the name of the causing agent.

Do you think ME can not be caused by gammaretroviruses?

Or do you think gamma retroviruses can not cause cancer and neuroinmunediseases?
  8. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Brisbane, Aust
    I posted this on another thread, but it may be more appropriate here.
  9. Hope123

Hope123 Senior Member

Dr. De Meirleir needs to publish this eventually or at least get a good abstract out at the conferences. I'm skeptical of him because he's made all sorts of announcements in the past without good data back-up.
  10. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    Hi Tina, Good news! This on top of the last two days' news has brought our team back. It is like scoring goals and turning the play after losing for so long and being counted out. I am personally beat with all of the action, but thrilled.

Anyway I wanted to note that Dr. De Meirleir was one of the authors of the Canadian Consensus Definition, so I'd expect the cohort criteria to fall within it.

Sing
  11. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Run....thumb sucking, bed wetting psychobablers! LMAO

See more popular forum discussions.