Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mega High Dose Vitamin C

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Daffodil, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

Any opinions on this statement by Dr. Thomas Levy?

"With regard to Lyme, I've had a number of reports indicate that persistent, high-dose IV C appears to cure advanced Lyme a significant percentage of the time. However, it appears to require 75 to 150 grams of vitamin C IV daily or 5 to 6 times weekly for 20+ IVs, with no real positive feedback for the patient until the "switch" gets flipped and they feel great. Most people have neither the patience, positive mindset, or sufficient finances to undergo such a regimen.

I believe now that a couple months, and for most Lyme patients probably a month or so, of LivOn lypo C 5 packets daily, along with bowel tolerance sodium ascorbate daily, and with, if possible, 75 to 100 grams of IVC 2 or 3 times weekly, will completely eradicate advanced Lyme a majority of the time. At the very least, most treated individuals will be rendered largely or completely asymptomatic, and they can resume their lives on lesser maintenance levels of vitamin C."

------------

Probably cannot afford this as a trial, but wonder if anyone out there has done mega dose IV for like 20 days straight....

I spoke to a doc in Reno who is a big large- dose IV Vit C proponent and even he didnt say something like this can "cure" Lyme....though it certainly helps his patients...

leela, maryb and sarah darwins like this.
  2. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @Daffodil
    can you remember where you saw this article?

3. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

4. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

if high dose vitamin C kills cancer kills, i guess it can kill infected cells too, perhaps much like chemotherapy agents often produce remission in CFS....but i would think the disease would return unless one maintains treatment...

5. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I suppose the one advantage would be if you killed off the infected cells then the immune system would have time then to re-build rather than being under constant stress??

6. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

He sounds like a douchebag, really. If anyone is falling back on "it doesn't work because you have the wrong mindset", then the therapy is a dud.

SDSue likes this.
  7. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    Helen and Wayne like this.
  8. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Vitamin D makes me so ill........but I can take sunshine and feel so much better in it, its different regardless of what doctors say.

sb4 likes this.
  9. roller

roller wiggle jiggle

imo, if you can rule 1,000% out that you don't have an iron storage problem then maybe take vitamin C.

iron storage problems seem very common and perhaps they may be caused by pathogens, as well (i'm wondering)... so far my understanding.

10. ErdemX

ErdemX Senior Member

Istanbul
    I've been doing 10 grams of Liposomal C (which is said to have a close potency to IV) daily at least for 6 months and never saw a noticeable benefit. Don't know if it works under the surface but none of my symptoms got an improvement.

But that doesn't count as an ultra mega hiper dose, of course.

Wayne likes this.
  11. boohealth

boohealth Senior Member

south
    Skeptical of a doctor hawking his own wares--for 20 treatments--probably at $200 pop--he makes a cool $4000 off you--I doubt it cures lyme, and you need good kidney function, too.

12. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I see this fairly frequently lately. Can you explain what causes an iron storage problem and how the labs would look? I have high ferritin and have been told there's some relation there with vitamin c and b2

13. roller

roller wiggle jiggle

it is said
    low b12 - low iron
    high b12 - high iron

vitamin c shouldnt be taken with meals. on empty stomach.

faik genetics can lead to an iron overload and this would be a very common "genetic disorder" (was it the 2nd most common?)

i am also very interested in the iron thing, also, where it would accumulate in the body?
    joints, liver, muscles...?
    as bacteria (etc) like iron, perhaps its the sites where then biofilm sets in, too?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  14. cb2

cb2 Senior Member

aside from the IV vit C it seems like a doable experiment. a month isn't really long, and one could make their own vit c? i woke up with the flu and fever on thursday and started my own lipo C then i ordered some from live on.. and have been taking both and making a great comeback, usually the flu gets me down for weeks.

i am going to keep trying maybe for another few weeks if i can afford it and how what happens.
    worth a short! cheaper than going to a LLMD

15. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

@cb2 i would love it if someone tried this. 100 grams of IV 3 times per week shouldn't cost more than $1200 or so? plus $5 a day for the LivOn......plus a negligible amount for the asorbate.....

16. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

lmao @ douchebag. i think he meant....since the treatment doesn't appear to do anything at all for a long time until one day you experience a total cure, people might get discouraged and give up early.

leela likes this.
  17. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Surrey
    I can't see how any substance could kill cancer cells whilst doing nothing to normal cells esp. something such as a water soluble vitamin.

Valentijn likes this.
  18. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

something about oxidation at high concentrations or something....i cant remember but it was explained to me several times by a doctor

19. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

@xrunner by the way, i personally have spoken to people - not only online - who turned their cancer into a chronic condition with IV vitamin C, despite being told they had months to live. they lived years and years. i spoke to one woman who's father was given a couple of months to live but he lived 8 years and his cancer spread only when he lowered the frequency of his IV vitamin C appointments.

no one can patent vitamin C...thats a big issue. i can tell you that if i were diagnosed with cancer, i would probably try to learn to give myself IV's and mix the vitamin C myself.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  20. cb2

cb2 Senior Member

I can't afford the IV vitamin C so no way I can do this trial . How many of the live on labs are you estimating for five dollars a day? how wonder if it really works to make your own lipo vitamin C ?

Some people are using vitamin C and salt to treat their lyme. they're just using regular vitamin C

See more popular forum discussions.