• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Medscape: Quiz: How Much Do You Know About Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

Gingergrrl

In my case it was associated with hypercoagulation.

Thanks and am reading up on this now. Am getting more abnormal tests back (not SED rate which was normal) and trying to learn what they might mean.

From going through the quiz in this thread more thoroughly it said (if I understood it correctly) that 0-3 is the low rate that correlates with ME/CFS so I don't fall into that group which was what I was trying to figure out.

Please anyone correct me if I am interpreting this wrong!

Valentijn

My ESR always tests high. I don't think there's a firm correlation between low ESR and ME. Just another one of those rumors that floats around, even though the research doesn't support it.

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

My ESR always tests high. I don't think there's a firm correlation between low ERS and ME. Just another one of those rumors that floats around, even though the research doesn't support it.

Thanks, Val, and was just curious. It sounds like ESR is greatly variable in our population and really does not mean much of anything. Mine is "normal" and not one of the tests that my doctor is concerned about.