• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Medscape perspective on Managing SEID

Gamboa

Yes this is my comments over there. I have discovered the 'report' button and so I have flagged some comments as offensive. Hopefully that helps.
I'll try that a well. I'm really fed up with "Dr." Weber.

Although, on second thought, maybe he is showing people just what we have to suffer through. It's a tough call.

SOC

I'll try that a well. I'm really fed up with "Dr." Weber.

Although, on second thought, maybe he is showing people just what we have to suffer through. It's a tough call.
With ones as bad as that, any sensible person can read "total jerk" and may have some sympathy for us facing such hatefulness. It's probably an overall benefit to leave that kind of comment to stand alone in it's ugliness with crickets chirping in the background. Responding just gives him some credence.

It's the ones that fake some kind of sympathy and understanding while pointing out how severely mentally ill we are that worry me. The ones who can manage to sound scientific, or flat out lie about the science (you know who you are) can also cause us huge problems. Their false "science" needs to be addressed and corrected.

It's the ones that fake some kind of sympathy and understanding while pointing out how severely mentally ill we are that worry me.
Ah yes ... "CFS patients are severely impacted and disabled by their symptoms, so we need to cut off their benefits, turn their families against them, and force them to work in order to save them. It's all for their own good!"

It looks like the same nasty people do the same for all of their "stigmatized" mental health patients as well, which they are also sooo overtly compassionate toward in the media. Then they essentially blame the individual patients if their perfect therapy fails to cure them.

Last edited:

Gamboa

There is a new Medscape Article and guess who is back: our friend Dr. James Weber.

I broke all my rules and responded to his comments, called him a troll, and flagged him ( where you then send a comment with why you flagged the person/comment). I don't know what happened to me except to say I got angry reading the stupid article in which GET and CBT were championed as treatment for ME/CFS and then the first comment I got to was by our friend Dr. Jerk Weber
There is a discussion of it here:
.http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ue-syndrome-right-name-real-treatments.36194/