1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Medscape has placed new XMRV/CFS video in "Infectious Diseases" category

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by _Kim_, Nov 17, 2009.

1. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

XMRV: The Missing Link in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? video by Paul G. Auwaerter, MD, MBA from Baltimore MD

You'll need to register (free) for Medscape to view the video.

ETA: hmmm, looks like all CFS-related articles are in their "infectious diseases" category. Below is a general CFS article from October 19, 2009.

eMedicine Specialties > Infectious Diseases > Special Topics > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by Burke A Cunha, MD

2. Alice Band

Alice Band PWME - ME by Ramsay

UK
    Can any doctor make a video for them or did they ask Dr Auwaerter to make that video?

3. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Never before were so many people so excited and relieved to be filed under 'infectious diseases'!

4. Well said Mark.

'''Happy Christmas darling - you have a deadly infectious retrovirus''.

''Best Christmas present I ever had love''.

''I knew you'd like it''.

A terrible terrible happy ending......
    :(

5. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    When I first got sick and was looking for a diagnosis, I went to an infectious disease who after taking a case history, exam and so forth, proclaimed that I was "free from any infectious disease". I wonder what she would think of that, and what she would say if I went back to her now?

6. Ruth

Ruth Member

Madison, WI
    Dr. Cunha states: "CFS has been excluded as a cause of EBV, although EBV infection may lead to a state of chronic fatigue...." Does this make sense to anyone? And there are a number of statements, particularly in the history of the disease section, that I would disagree with. Anyone else?

7. JustJack

JustJack put on yer dancin' shoes

Sacramento CA
    I always knew...

I always knew this...in my gut LOL
    It truly is a terrible happy ending.

"oh yes we need a little virus, right this very minute, need a little virus now..."

JJ
    a newbie

8. Hysterical Woman

Hysterical Woman Senior Member

East Coast
    Just Jack & Cold Taste....

Love your black sense of humor! Gotta laugh when and where you can:)

Thanks!

Maxine

See more popular forum discussions.