1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Medications

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by brenda, Jan 6, 2010.

?

Who takes medications?

1. Yes I do and my health has not improved

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Yes I do and my health has improved

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. No I take natural remedies and my health has not improved

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No I take natural remedies and my health has improved

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    I have often wondered what the long term difference is between people who take medications to relieve their symptoms or for other conditions, and those who have sought natural means and diet.

If we could do a survey here, it would help people to make an educated choice, of course going on just experience.

I also wonder how long people with ME live? Is the early 60's the cut off spot and again, how do those do who have not been taking medications as a rule. I do not hear of anyone that much older than me but mabe there is a cut off in age for people to be using the internet regularly. I do know one 70 year old but she is an exeption I think.

So which medications are involved and why do you take them rather than seek natural remedies? I think this information could be valuable.
  2. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    Hi, Brenda; a quick question and a quick reply: do you consider Artesunate as a supplement or as a medication? same goes for Inosine, and maybe a few others too. And for what it is worth I am 76--but only got CFS at age 73--make what you can of that! Best, Chris

See more popular forum discussions.