• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Medications

Who takes medications?

• Yes I do and my health has not improved

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Yes I do and my health has improved

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No I take natural remedies and my health has not improved

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I take natural remedies and my health has improved

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

brenda

I have often wondered what the long term difference is between people who take medications to relieve their symptoms or for other conditions, and those who have sought natural means and diet.

If we could do a survey here, it would help people to make an educated choice, of course going on just experience.

I also wonder how long people with ME live? Is the early 60's the cut off spot and again, how do those do who have not been taking medications as a rule. I do not hear of anyone that much older than me but mabe there is a cut off in age for people to be using the internet regularly. I do know one 70 year old but she is an exeption I think.

So which medications are involved and why do you take them rather than seek natural remedies? I think this information could be valuable.

Chris

Hi, Brenda; a quick question and a quick reply: do you consider Artesunate as a supplement or as a medication? same goes for Inosine, and maybe a few others too. And for what it is worth I am 76--but only got CFS at age 73--make what you can of that! Best, Chris