• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Medically Unexplained Symptoms" - Diverting 5-Year Funding from Mental Health

Dolphin

I can see the article talks about lost employment. But I was talking about the PACE trial itself.

ME Association
It’s time for an independent review of the PACE Trial methods and results’ | Dr Charles Shepherd, Journal of Health Psychology | 10 April 2017

Information on return to some form of meaningful employment or education status was never sought. This was dismissed by the investigators as not being relevant.

Bit of a tangent to the discussion. Foggy Brain!
The link I posted relates to the PACE trial. The comment from Dr Shepherd relates to recovery in the PACE trial i.e. we don't have that information on those who the investigators claimed recovered.

I can see the article talks about lost employment. But I was talking about the PACE trial itself..........
The link I posted relates to the PACE trial. The comment from Dr Shepherd relates to recovery in the PACE trial i.e. we don't have that information on those who the investigators claimed recovered.

The article's results and conclusion talk about reduced healthcare costs but not employment.

Table 2 shows number of days Lost Employment at pre-trial and 12 month follow up. This is not the same as return to employment.

Sorry crossed posts.

Exactly. We don't have it because they didn't measure return to work, they measured lost days of employment.