• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#MEAction Policy Change: ME, not ME/CFS

The staff of #MEAction, who run the communications platform that is our website, social media channels, and email list, have decided to adopt ME or myalgic encephalomyelitis for future communications about the disease, except where the name CFS or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome needs to be mentioned for the sake of clarity and to effectively communicate among populations that may be unfamiliar with the name ME. While we may still use the name CFS for that narrow purpose, we will no longer be using ME/CFS.

Read more on this change at http://www.meaction.net/2016/07/24/me-mecfs-cfs/

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Interesting decision (and look at their survey poll results!). The tricky thing is going to be to judge when you need to include the CFS bit to reach patients who are not yet aware that the CFS they've been diagnosed with is also called ME, or the wider public who aren't aware of the same thing (probably all of them).