• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#MEAction petition: Stop GET trials, stop MAGENTA ("PACE for children") ***UK deadline 12th March***

AndyPR

12% of the way there in the UK -- and I have strongly encouraged ppl in the UK to bring iPads to their local protests to get signatures on the day of the protest itself.

I love that the UK has a map on the petition where you can see which areas have people who have signed. A great way to show your MP that this issue is meaningful to their constituents!
While a great idea, to register a signature they would need to click on a link in an email that the petition site sends them. Although, thinking as I write this, I suppose that people could be encouraged to sign up and those without smartphones would have that email in their inboxes for when they get back home. Or maybe this just shows that I'm one of the few Luddites who doesn't have a smartphone nowadays. ;)

JaimeS

While a great idea, to register a signature they would need to click on a link in an email that the petition site sends them. Although, thinking as I write this, I suppose that people could be encouraged to sign up and those without smartphones would have that email in their inboxes for when they get back home. Or maybe this just shows that I'm one of the few Luddites who doesn't have a smartphone nowadays. ;)

Yes, we could definitely just ask them to sign up there, and they could go home and sign; or just sign right then on their smartphones the moment they receive said email... or just do the whole thing on their smartphones...

-J

Last edited:

Jenny TipsforME

UK folk when you look at the map do you spot grey areas where you know people? http://petitionmap.unboxedconsulting.com/?petition=166601&area=eng

Eg I should know someone in Kingswood. Ah yes I do, someone who has ME in fact.

Just pondering about how most people still have a lot of local connections. Once we tap into a couple of people sharing in an area does that start to travel through their local networks fairly easily?

alex3619

Or maybe this just shows that I'm one of the few Luddites who doesn't have a smartphone nowadays.
There are a lot of ME patients like this. Home- or bed-bound patients, sitting or lying next to a landline, have limited need for a smart phone. Having iPads available at a protest make a lot of sense, particularly if people cannot read the tiny print on a smartphone.

Jenny TipsforME

When more awake I'll copy @keelatoo

I wonder if people could put it in their email signatures too? My lovely partner has put a linked image of the little girl publicity pic in her personal email signature. :love:

She has also written a persuasive email to a number of academic friends. This includes a few University of Bristol researchers though, so will be interesting to see how that unfolds!