• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#MEAction petition: MISLEADING PACE CLAIMS SHOULD BE RETRACTED

Keela Too

Sally Burch
I have been on to a load of FB groups this morning and bumped the petition to the top.

Apparently most people don't sign petitions the first time they see them, but rather tend to do it on the 3 or 4th sighting. Which makes sense as even if we are "sure" we want to, sometimes we are doing something else when we first stumble on it ... and then can't find it when we remember....

So bumping it everywhere we go is useful. I'va also added it on a forum totally unrelated to ME asking for help and have had several people both comment supportively on the thread and sign....

It seems quite a few understand how we are being dismissed using flimsy evidence!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
And we're at 6,000!!! This just keeps on going!

:star::star::star::star::star::star::trophy:

#MEAction PACE petition 6000th signature.jpg

Ellkaye

The withdrawl of the Lancet's PACE paper will be one of the heaviest retractions of all time which will signal a huge shift in policy.

Word seems to be getting out about something. I wonder what's really making them rattle....

Could it be the rumours of patients getting better from some kind of medicine that's really starting to bug them....?

Kyla

ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ
some more good news about this petition...
when you do a google search for "PACE trial" this currently comes up as the second result :):woot::thumbsup:

Keep linking to the petition in as many places as possible, maybe we can bump it to number one!

Sidereal

some more good news about this petition...
when you do a google search for "PACE trial" this currently comes up as the second result :):woot::thumbsup:

It must depend on location because when I google it it comes up on the second page.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just FYI - I posted info about signing the petition to MEadvocacy.org members a few days ago. I know the UK and US people sometimes bump heads on here over certain issues, but this is one everyone agrees on.

Thanks, Caledonia - this really isn't just a UK issue. PACE is hugely influential in the whole climate that gets ME dismissed as psychosomatic, including in the US. PACE is helping to drive the imposition of CBT and GET in Australia and Europe.

Great to have your support. We need all our organisations jumping on board. :thumbsup: