• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#MEAction petition: MISLEADING PACE CLAIMS SHOULD BE RETRACTED

It's going up so fast it's almost too exciting. Getting same thrill as fairground ride in wellie days. Can't take my eyes off it. :nerd:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I doubt this petition will achieve retraction, though I signed it . If it does I will be pleasantly surprised. What it does is give us more ammunition for advocacy.

However if other moves are afoot we might assist them to gain traction. A formal independent review of PACE may well achieve retraction of both the research and many commentaries.

The petition is happening at a time when other things - the Tuller article, and now the Coyne article - are bringing serious scrutiny to the exceptionally poor science in PACE. Big-name scientists including @Jonathan Edwards, Ron Davis and the others in Tuller's article are now joining in and if we can show the huge disapproval of thousands of patients then the journals that published this crap are going to be under enormous pressure.

Don't underestimate the power of this, Alex! The PACE authors have tried to pass criticism of PACE off as coming from a "small, vocal minority". This petition - with its clear and simple background pages - explains the bad science so there's no hiding it, and shows that vast numbers of patients are demanding action, not just a handful.

And #MEAction have the political skills to leverage this!

So sign the petition, guys! Spread the word far and wide. If you know of ME and related charities who haven't yet featured it on FB, please drop them an email and ask them to do so.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
More overnight!

:star::star::star::star::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket:

Good time during the weekend slowdown to email your friends and rellies and get them to sign and pass it on!

I'm finding that each request I send out is generating several signatures.

#MEAction's site looks very impressive. Any visitor from outside the community is going to see it and realise that this is the real deal.

Let's crack on and do some emails this weekend!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
And we're at a whopping and speedy 5,000!

#MEAction PACE petition 5000th signature cropped.jpg