• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MEA website poll for December: Change in health status over the past year

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
A bit better for me, currently only losing 5 days a month to headaches instead of 10. My improvement is probably due to cutting out further activities and more disciplined pacing since last year so I feel shit less of the time, rather than my ability to do stuff increasing.

trishrhymes

A bit better for me, currently only losing 5 days a month to headaches instead of 10. My improvement is probably due to cutting out further activities and more disciplined pacing since last year so I feel shit less of the time, rather than my ability to do stuff increasing.

I wonder whether you classed yourself in the survey as improved - as you suggest it's not the illness improving, but your management of it. Either way it's good to hear your symptoms have improved a bit.

TreePerson

We have to keep the answers very short in these MEA website polls due to the tool that we use

I produced what I thought was a list of simple short options that cover the whole range of health status

There is no intention to try and produce a result that favours any one direction

If there is a clear simple further answer that needs inserting into the 'getting worse' section then we can consider inserting it

But I feel quite happy with the Q and A as it is

CS
I would have liked moderately worse or something that describes in between a bit and much. In the end I went for much worse because I am considerably more worse than a bit! But felt there is probably a category below me.

SuzieSam

I feel alot worse than last year because of hormonal problems. Dunno if it's an ME thing or an additional thing. Hard to categorise. HPA axis? I could feel an improvement once I get it sorted. If it's possible.

Anyway, I'm sure many people feel rubbish because it's yet another year stuck like this. Sick, no cure, shitty doctors, social isolation. Days and days and weeks and months wasted, alone, failing kids and spouses. Yeah, I'd say a lot of people feel worse than this time last year, regardless of physical symptoms.

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
I wonder whether you classed yourself in the survey as improved - as you suggest it's not the illness improving, but your management of it. Either way it's good to hear your symptoms have improved a bit.
Thanks :). "A bit better" was my answer on the survey, because I am, but I don't think it's because I'm a bit better.

Pardon the ME-speak.

By the way, anyone up for a PR Xmas word-salad slamfest? It would be nice to have an activity where being brain-fogged was actually an advantage. After all, if they can have the para-olympics, we can have the para-mind sports olympiad.