• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MEA hear back from NICE about the identity of ‘topic experts’ | 13 August 2017

Countrygirl

I think the tymes trust report around 200 cases they have helped with but very few go very far. I've only heard of about 3 where children were taken and I'm not even sure there.

These are, of course, only the known figures, those who contacted Tymes/JC. The majority won't even be aware that the charity exists. JC said that recently the number of cases are escalating and she had about six in one week alone.

Keela Too

Sally Burch
Fair enough but of course neither Esther Crawley nor Simon Wessely were authors.
Indeed... it feels a bit like some of those reasoning tests we did in primary school... if Jane is wearing a blue cardigan, and sitting beside the boy with white hair, who is sitting opposite the girl with the curl, then who was it told the teacher fibs? :p

Large Donner

Indeed... it feels a bit like some of those reasoning tests we did in primary school... if Jane is wearing a blue cardigan, and sitting beside the boy with white hair, who is sitting opposite the girl with the curl, then who was it told the teacher fibs? :p

Ah, there is an objective test for this. Whomever has the blue tongue when requested to stick it out is the fibber.

If you went to Primary school when I did then there's a blackboard rubber heading your way if you are the fibber.

Countrygirl

If you went to Primary school when I did then there's a blackboard rubber heading your way if you are the fibber.

Ah! Those were the days!

I was the one who threw said blackboard rubber...........,not at a primary school child but a 15 year old swinging on his chair in the back row (again!) and not paying me my due attention as I explained quadratic equations.

Unfortunately, my aim wasn't true: it missed him......................and flew through the window.

My classroom was three stories up.

Thanks for the memory! :)