1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

MEA chairman Neil Riley unpicks a central thread in the PACE Trial

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Published online: 26 February 2014
    MEA Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/permalink....46122749&id=171411469583186&notif_t=notify_me

MEA Website: http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...al-thread-in-the-pace-trial-16-february-2014/
  2. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    For those outside the UK, the 'MEA' is the 'ME Association', which is perhaps the second largest UK national patient support organisation, in terms of paid members. (I'm not certain about that, but it is a high-profile organisation.)
    Nielk, Ren and Min like this.
  3. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Too bad this article is only preaching to the choir. It would be truly satisfying to see this article in a mainstream publication.
  4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

5. Purple

Purple Bundle of purpliness

It's good for PWME to read this too (not all are aware about the controversy around the PACE trial) - they can then be better informed and be able to articulate this to e.g. doctors who want to send them for GET/CBT. :)
    Sean, Nielk, Firestormm and 5 others like this.
  6. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    This comment, is only what, 3 years late?

It might have been useful back in 2011 before they tried to pull the same bait-and-switch again in the 'recovery' paper.
    Min likes this.
  7. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    In view of Mr Riley's comments, it is most surprising that the MEA (alongside AfME) continue to happily work alongside Prof White of the PACE trial as members of the CFS ME Research Collaberative. Dr Crawley of the SMILE trial of the Lightning Process on children is also a member.

Invest in ME will have nothing to do with the Collaborative, who seem to be achieving nothing.
  8. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    These comments were made years ago in various places by various people. Its really good to see it still being put out there though. We need the message reinforced again and again until it reaches the point the PACE papers are retracted, or that people are so aware of the serious flaws that they are discredited.

Indeed, redefinition of terms including "recovery" are one of the reasons I started writing my book.

See more popular forum discussions.