• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME is not a functional disorder: MEA petition sent to NICE (Oct 2017)

charles shepherd

ME is not a functional disorder

ME Association petition has been sent to Sir Andrew Dillon at NICE: M.E. is not a functional disorder | 23 October 2017
The most recent ME Association petition called on NICE to amend its proposed guideline on suspected neurological conditions, and remove all reference to ME/CFS being a functional disorder.

We wrote to Sir Andrew Dillon last Friday, with a covering letter (below) and enclosed the final petition – supported by 13,593 people – along with 199 pages of comments; such was the strength of feeling shown.

Dear Sir Andrew,

…..continued on the MEA website:

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...is-not-a-functional-disorder-23-october-2017/

Dr Charles Shepherd
Hon Medical Adviser, MEA

SilverbladeTE

this is institutionalized abuse and violence for ideological and personal gain...

the British Establishment...is quite happy to deny us medical aid and other help, to let us die in quiet agony out of the Public gaze....

there is no excuse for their abuse, the PACE Trial fiasco and fraud has removed their excuses and proven their criminality.

we need to stop pussy footing around this and call them out directly.

Last edited by a moderator: