Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME Global Chronicle: impressive new newsletter

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Simon, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Simon

Simon

Monmouth, UK
    June Issue of the Global Chronicle out now, and it's another goodie:

For me, the highlight is Llewelyn King's brilliant proposal for a "Mothers for ME March on Washington" wearing Blue Sashes, slated for May 12 next year, ME Awareness Day.
    Other magazine highlights include:
    • Short report from the 2014 Invest in ME conference
    • Update on the ambitious "Science to Patients" video project: "The webinars that have been posted so far, have more than 145,000 views.This project has resulted in the establishment of the ME Global Chronicle."
    • The story so far on the Lipkin Microbiome crowdfund appeal: money raised, media buzz and conference action [ok, I wrote this, but it's worth a read anyway :)]
    • ME News from around the world
    Thanks to Rob Wibjenga and the Global Chronicle team

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Keela Too, Iquitos, WillowJ and 8 others like this.
  2. Simon

Simon

Monmouth, UK
    upload_2014-9-19_17-51-19.png
    The ME Global Chronicle has gone bi-monthly due to workload pressures, but the new issue is out (sorry, came out a couple of weeks ago, and I've been slow to post). It's still beautifully produced with lots of highly readable content, including:
    • Science: a look at the role of neuroinflammation in ME/CFS, plus the role of the vagus nerve in inflammation.
    • Updates on Canary in the Coalmine (winning an award from the prestigious Indy Sundance Film Festival), plus all the live crowdfunding appeals from Rituximab to the microbiome
    • New section on Severe ME
    • 2015 March in May: "We need You" update on plans for the US and internationally
    • The Underfinanced ME/CFS Research Field Pt III: What Can We Do
    • plus much much more
    Download here, subscribe here

Attached Files:

3. Simon

Simon

Monmouth, UK
    April 2015 issue: Imminent launch of Me Action network, Dr Light on subtypes and funding, IoM name debate

Latest issue download link (pdf)

Highlights include:
    • Jen Brea says #MEAction Network launch 'within 2 weeks': page 26: "Because It’s Time We BecameThe Strength Of Our True Numbers."
    • IoM name debate: criticisms from Dr Derek Enlander and Prof Leonard Jason, replies from Dr Lucinda Bateman (page 13)
    • Feature on enterovirus research on page for those interested (page 59)
    • Interview with Prof Alan Light (page 41), including these gems:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    moosie, Bob, RL_sparky and 4 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.