• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME CONFERENCE SEPTEMBER 28, 2017, REYKJAVIK.

Jo Best

Organised and hosted by European ME Alliance member organisation, Icelandic ME Society:
https://www.mefelag.is/me-conference-2017

AGENDA

9:00 Spokesperson for the Icelandic ME Society welcomes guests

9:10 Representative from health authorities

9:20 Prof. Margrét Guðnadóttir: Akureyri disease

9:50 Helga Haraldsdóttir. A patient tells about her experience of the Akureyri disease

10:05 Questions to speakers mentioned above

10:15 Break

10:35 Short video from the Icelandic ME society

10:45 Dr. Daniel Peterson gives extensive talk about ME

11:25 Invest in ME. Introduction; about researches and possible student exchange program.

11:55 Questions to Dr. Peterson and the Invest in ME representative.

12:10 Lunch

Morning

Afternoon

13:10 Øystein Fluge, MD, PhD, consultant in oncology and researcher, Dept. of Oncology, Haukeland University Hospital and Ingrid Gurvin Rekeland, MD, physician in oncology training and research fellow, Dept. of Oncology, Haukeland University Hospital: Therapeutic intervention and disease mechanisms in ME/CFS

14:30 Dr. Nigel Speight, Paediatrician, Durham UK:
The challenge of the severe case of Paediatric ME

15:00 Ewa W. Wedlund, reg. occupational therapist

and med. lic.: Activity and Participation in persons with ME/CFS: Non-medical approaches.

15:30 Questions from audience for Dr. Fluge, Dr. Rekeland, Dr. Speight og Ewu W. Wedlund

15:45 Break

16:05 Panel discussion with all the speakers. Audience can hand in written questions in forehand

17:00 End of agenda