• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS poster presentations from International Congress of Immunology, August 2013

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
The first paper is the one that alex3619 has already posted, although this page has an illustrative figure and is not such a huge document!

ICI%202013%20P1.03.04.png

Poster P1.08.02:
The role of dendritic cells and monocytes in chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis.
Brenu EW, Huth TK, Hardcastle SK, Cosgrave L, Staines DR, Marshall-Gradisnik SM.

Het aantal monocyten in ME/CVS-patienten is substantieel hoger, indicatief voor immuunactivatie.

ICI%202013%20P1.08.02.png

Poster P1.14.20:
Content of IL-15 in patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome.
Didkovski N, Malashenkova I, Zuykov I, Gurskaya O, Sarsania J, Kazanova G, Hailov N, Ogurtzov D.

De pro-inflammatoire cytokines IL-1β, IL-8, IL-12 zijn verhoogd in ME/CVS (wijzend op inflammatie),
terwijl IL-15, dat een rol speelt in apoptose en de Th1-response, juist verlaagd is (immuundysfunctie).

ICI%202013%20P1.14.20.png

Poster P3.11.06:
T cell dysregulation in chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis.
Brenu EW, Hardcastle SL, Huth TK, Cosgrave L, Staines DR, Marshall-Gradisnik SM.

In ME/CVS-patiënten werden afwijkende (relatieve) aantallen van diverse T cel-soorten aangetroffen.

ICI%202013%20P3.11.06.png

Poster P5.17.07
Analysis of neutrophil function in severe and moderately affected chronic fatigue syndrome subjects.
Hardcastle SL, Brenu EW, Staines DR, Marshall-Gradisnik SM.

De afweerresponse van neutrofiele granulocyten (neutrofielen) op de E. coli bacterie,
de "oxidatieve explosie" en de fagocytose ("opslokken" en vernietigen), is afwijkend in ME/CVS.

Dit verschijnsel laat zich eveneens karakteriseren als immuundysfunctie.

ICI%202013%20P5.17.07.png

Here is the URL for the page. Warning: don't click on the link at the bottom of the page unless you have a fast computer or other device - it almost crashed mine!

Gijs

These findings are old news and nothing will be done with it. Nobody in de medical community cares about these findings. By the way al these findings can be due to stress. Sorry.