• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS Grand Challenge (MEGA)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
From FB:

FB said:
If anyone with a scientific interest would like to know more about metabolomics and the Birmingham centre described here, there's a free FutureLearn online course on metabolomics running now presented by Prof. Viant and others at Birmingham.

I'm part way through it, and finding it fascinating. You can join it now and catch up at your own pace.

Just google FutureLearn and you should find it.

I can see how this study can be exciting in it's scope but I question the involvement of the BPS crew and how far their influence, and the influence of vested interests can extend. I would feel far more comfortable if they weren't there.
It would be interesting to know if there is some way for M.E sufferers views and concerns to be expressed to the MEGA group. They suggest that M.E sufferers involvement is important but how can we get involved?

flybro

MEA "
I can understand all the concerns, criticisms and questions about the MEGA study that are being expressed by the ME/CFS patient community on internet discussion forums.

I can also assure people that they will be transferred back to those at the CMRC (CFS/ME Research Collaborative) who are involved in preparing what is probably going to be the largest ever research grant application relating to ME/CFS here in the UK."

Does anyone remember where MEA stood on PACE? or where they stand on the new kids PACE type study?