The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME/CFS Grand Challenge (MEGA)

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by Scarecrow, May 16, 2016.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    From FB:

Hutan and Scarecrow like this.
  2. Boronia

Boronia

I can see how this study can be exciting in it's scope but I question the involvement of the BPS crew and how far their influence, and the influence of vested interests can extend. I would feel far more comfortable if they weren't there.
    It would be interesting to know if there is some way for M.E sufferers views and concerns to be expressed to the MEGA group. They suggest that M.E sufferers involvement is important but how can we get involved?

3. Dr Speedy

Dr Speedy

The problem with MEGA is the involvement of action for me, Dr C, the Pinocchio Psychiatrists and that they haven't set the criteria to select patients ...

Jo Best and TiredSam like this.
  4. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    MEA "
    I can understand all the concerns, criticisms and questions about the MEGA study that are being expressed by the ME/CFS patient community on internet discussion forums.

I can also assure people that they will be transferred back to those at the CMRC (CFS/ME Research Collaborative) who are involved in preparing what is probably going to be the largest ever research grant application relating to ME/CFS here in the UK."

Does anyone remember where MEA stood on PACE? or where they stand on the new kids PACE type study?

5. worldbackwards

worldbackwards A unique snowflake

Earth
    They were against them.

flybro likes this.
  6. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    Birmingham seems a good place for science,interesting this new centre

See more popular forum discussions.