The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME/CFS Demo: One woman protest in Wash DC!!!!

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by V99, Aug 18, 2010.

1. V99

V99

UK
    [video=youtube;ME764z_4vEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME764z_4vEY[/video]

"People with ME/CFS: It has long been a tradition of our democracy that when a people feel their needs and concerns are not being heard by their government they will demonstrate and protest. This is a tried and true tradition of any democracy. If we can have 100s of these mini-protests, like mine (of one, two or five people), happening around the country and globe, in front of our government offices and our blood donation centers and blood banks, we may cause some waves, get some press attention, and get some clinical trials and funding for ME/CFS and XMRV research. Remember, protests and demonstrations -- holding up a sign in a public place stating your views -- are part of the democratic process. Let your voice be heard!"

Hear, hear!!!!!! :victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory:

2. awol

awol

Because enough is enough!

3. willow

willow Senior Member

East Midlands
    Yes I saw this and thought she worded it really well. Great getting out there in the first place, however she said it.

4. WithHope

WithHope

This is excellent - if we can stage more of these across the globe - and take this one as a blueprint - and if we can fund the full page add in the washington post.. If we can do these things i think we can say ' it has begun'

5. V99

V99

UK
    I have permission to post this, and thought you would all want to read it. We can get through to people, we only have to try.

6. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    wow, what a story.

7. MNC

MNC Senior Member

I am really angry at all the people who are doing this sort of things before XMRV is confirmed by the health authorities.

Please STOP IT.

What if everyone went out to do the same but showing signs of different hypothesis. One goes to the Red Cross building in Geneva with signs of "research candida albicans", another goes to the UN building saying "more money to prove mercury is the cause of CFS/MCS", another one to the European Parlament saying "we know you know it's all pesticides", another one goes like "chlamydia pneumonia is IT", another one "lyme forever", another one "ban aspartame for once", another one "ban cell phones, wifis and all electropolution, the internet and the whole modern world"...

It's crazy and selfish. I understand that many of us are desperate, but we have to remain logical and think of the others, of the whole community.

So, in my name, until it is confirmed by the authorities, thank you but I don't want anybody to spread the rumour that I may have a deadly contagious retrovirus.

8. Sunshine

Sunshine Senior Member

UK
    Hi. I think you might have entered the debate a bit late and don't know the latest news that is very fresh.

FDA has replicated WPI study of XMRV found in CFS in very high numbers . The Alter/Lo paper is available now to scientists, it's a fact.
    Patients will be available to view the replication study in a few more weeks. There's no guessing any more, *IF* the WPI found something amazing, they really did.

The people to be angry with are the CDC, who refused to help nearly 25 years ago and continue do to this very second.
    That makes me very angry!

1/4 century of lost life and deaths from 'CFS' is far more concerning that patients celebrating scientific research that will aid them, dramatically.

Reno Chronic Fatigue Findings Confirmed By Federal Agency:
    http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20108170338

Forum thread
    http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/co...r-Mikovits-Breaks-the-News-on-the-Alter-Paper

9. MNC

MNC Senior Member

So? Does it make any difference? Wait "a few more weeks" then and do things right.

10. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

another thread on this topic in "Actions/Alerts/Advocacy..."

can they be combined?

Gemini

11. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    It's a free country, althought I cannot see where you are from, so perhaps you do not live in a free country? People can do as they wish. You are coming across as rather harsh "do things right". this is your opinion, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I think this is fine to jump on, even if it does not work out, we need to raise AWARENESS to our situation!!

See more popular forum discussions.