1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME/CFS Cytokine/Chemokine profile

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Rrrr, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

i have to travel to buffalo to get that test....dang. i am too sick to walk! lol...i will have to go to quest since i owe labcorp a couple of grand!

xray...how long have you had CFS? perhaps LDN normalized your cytokines...but RNase L is more a reflection of the virus being active and it is still active.....just a guess

2. redo

redo Senior Member

As I see it, the cytokine unbalance may very well come from a viral infection. But there are several ways a viral infection can cause such unbalances. The obvious way would be disrupting the immune system directly. But judging from the exerpt below (from the wiki article about Castleman's) it seems like the virus itself can have "a virus encoded cytokine.

"In all cases, Castleman's disease is likely due to hypersecretion of the cytokine IL-6.
    In tumors that are positive for Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV), also called human herpes virus 8 (HHV-8), this is most likely due to expression of the virus-encoded cytokine, vIL-6."

3. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Hey Daffodil - Quest Diagnostics has a "Patient Assistance Program" that may be of help. I usually use Labcorp myself, but they do not offer an assistance program.

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/patient/FinancialAssistance/index.html

Oops!! Didn't realize your post was that old, but I'll leave my reply up so that it may help another member or guest.

4. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Hi Sushi,

Do you happen to know where I can find a copy of this poster? Would like to compare those results to my recent ones.
    Cheers!

5. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

Sending it to you--couldn't find it on the web so sending a copy of mine.

snowathlete likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.