1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
First Direct Evidence of Neuroinflammation - 'Encephalitis' - in ME/CFS
A small study with just nine patients has captured the attention of patients and researchers alike after reporting direct evidence of inflammation in the brain of ME/CFS patients. The finding was one of the highlights picked out by Professor Anthony Komaroff in his IACFS/ME...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME CFS conference in New York 20th November 2013 relating to treatment .

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by denlander, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Helen

Helen Senior Member

Sweden
    Here is a link to the conference 2011
    http://cfspatientadvocate.blogspot.se/2011/11/mt-sinai-mecfs-conference-report-sunday.html
    Videos from the talks can also be found in the Blog Archive on the left side . A great job with the videos and the blog!

Presentation of the next conference
    http://cfspatientadvocate.blogspot.se/2013/10/mount-sinai-mecfs-conference-november.html
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    Sing likes this.
  2. Iquitos

Iquitos Senior Member

Colorado
    I'm glad Frank Ruscetti and Judy Mikovits will be speaking. I don't think the viral/retroviral possibilies have been adequately explored. It should be interesting what they have to say.
  3. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

Well I signed up to go… Hope its interesting/informative.
  4. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

Also, the conference is in 2 days, but this thread might be better suited for "CFS Events" topic.
  5. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    @justinreilly I was the person who met your parents. I can't go this time :(.
    justinreilly likes this.
  6. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Senior Member

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hemispherx-biopharma-sponsors-chronic-fatigue-130000425.html

Hemispherx Biopharma Sponsors Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Conference at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York

Clinical and research experts will present information on current treatment options, including the most promising experimental drugs and the latest research findings, that provide insights into the diagnosis of this disorder. The speakers include Dr. Nancy Klimas, Institute for Neuro Immune Medicine at Nova Southeastern University; Dr. Daniel Peterson, Sierra Internal Medicine; Dr. Judy Mikovits, Dr. Eric Schadt, Institute for Genomics and MultiScale Biology at Mount Sinai Hospital; and Dr. Derek Enlander. The Q&A panel being held during the symposium will include Dr. Francis Ruscetti, National Institute of Health and Dr. Christian Becker, Critical Care Medicine in New York.
    beaker, Iquitos, leela and 1 other person like this.
  7. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Is there web conferencing???
  8. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Senior Member

I don't think so. We'll have to rely on folks attending, like Acer2000 above, and other PR's after the conference is over.

What a great group of experts - should be an excellent conference and I'm sure the expert participants will have ample opportunity for strategic planning.
  9. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I wonder if they allow cell recordings??? Maybe one can post later??? I don't mind paying or donating the institution for the right to see it. Just cannot do the trip.
  10. Helen

Helen Senior Member

Sweden
  11. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
  12. shannah

shannah Senior Member

I don't see this posted anywhere. I could have missed it though. If so, feel free to move or delete. Hemispherx is one of the sponsors. No indication it's going to be webcast. Anyone here going?

"Diagnosis, Treatments and New Developments in ME and CFS" ("Myalgic Encephalomyelitis" and "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"

will be held on November 20th beginning at 11 AM (EST) at the New York Academy of Medicine, 1215 Fifth Avenue/103rd Street, New York, NY. The program is the second symposium by The ME and CFS Center at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York, which is headed by CFS expert, Dr. Derek Enlander.

Clinical and research experts will present information on current treatment options, including the most promising experimental drugs and the latest research findings, that provide insights into the diagnosis of this disorder. The speakers include Dr. Nancy Klimas, Institute for Neuro Immune Medicine at Nova Southeastern University; Dr. Daniel Peterson, Sierra Internal Medicine; Dr. Judy Mikovits, Dr. Eric Schadt, Institute for Genomics and MultiScale Biology at Mount Sinai Hospital; and Dr. Derek Enlander. The Q&A panel being held during the symposium will include Dr. Francis Ruscetti, National Institute of Health and Dr. Christian Becker, Critical Care Medicine in New York.

Patient advocates attending the symposium will examine the scientific and medical findings in light of the new Food and Drug Administration ("FDA") regulations codified in 2013. These new regulations may provide the FDA with accelerated pathways to advance experimental treatments for patients with chronically debilitating diseases; especially where there are little or no existing treatments.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hemispherx-biopharma-sponsors-chronic-fatigue-130000425.html
  13. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Anybody who is attending, and able to take notes, write something up, or possibly make audio recordings (if permission is obtained) please contact myself and/or Firestormm; we'd like to have an article on this. We can help with expenses and potentially pay for the article if that helps.
    leela, snowathlete, peggy-sue and 2 others like this.
  14. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Jeanette Burmeister is tweeting from the conference.

On Twitter. @JKBurmeister.
  15. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    @jenbrea also tweeting now.
    aimossy, snowathlete and Helen like this.
  16. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    They are showing trailer go Canary in a Coalmine. Jeanette reports - @JKBurmeister: #MECFS ppl crying watching the trailer. Very intense emotions.
    Kati, aimossy, justinreilly and 2 others like this.
  17. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    I just got home from the conference. It was great (though had never been to one before so I can't really say). Best part was meeting some people I had wanted to meet for a while especially my hero Hillary Johnson, also Jen Brea, Jeannette and Eileen Holderman.

Chris Cairns was there so we should be treated to a good blogpost soon. My head was/is too mushy to write about it.

It seemed like Mt. Sinai and Klimas were doing some great work collecting much bigger data sets on various abnormalities after exercise and mapping out the connections between them which should advance the science.

I had no idea what Dr. Mikovits was saying, but she sounded very convincing!
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  18. Johannes Starke

Johannes Starke

Davis, California
    This is very hard to swallow.

At the same time, based on how government government agencies have acted for as long as I can remember, it sounds like the hard truth.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    beaker and Kati like this.
  19. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    When you can confirm that quote I would appreciate seeing the source. Thanks Justin.
  20. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Those words don't exactly square with Dr. Lipkin's comment in September:
    aimossy and Firestormm like this.

See more popular forum discussions.