• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS Australian Parliament

taniaaust1

ME/CFS in Aussie parliament 10th Feb? https://www.facebook.com/SenatorLudlam/videos/vb.17351204469/10153980238139470/?type=2&theater

or if you want to read article about it rather then watch the parliament session Ihttps://emerge.org.au/australian-department-of-health-pins-its-hopes-on-nih-research/

im wondering if the Senators Scott Ludlam's questions to our parliament which they said they would get back to him about, have been followed up by our parliament by then?

eg some of his questions

in regards that our doctors dont get trained in ME/CFS and federal gov does poor ME/CFS funding
"What would it take to get a clinical advisary group going for ME/CFS, what's the process?" (they told him they'd have to get back to him).

"Whether the government would consider advocacy funding a group such as EMERGE Australia?"

anyway, I want to know if our government has followed any of this up.... anyone know?

Im desperate, caught up in all the political stuff right now which is even causing my advocate not to be helping me as I cant provide the ME/CFS reports he wants to help me change to a suitable support agency and he doesnt understand the political situation, so Im really wanting to know if our Aussie situation is progressing and where they are at in parliament on it.

anyone got any energy to sometime chase up if its been back to parliament? or know?

I'd send an email but I dont use email as I cant keep up with things there. I just tried to phone first number but hit an answering machine but as I dont answer my phone unless I know who's ringing its no good me leaving a phone number. I phoned the second number too but he's not sitting today so not a parliament house right now (so all they could do is give me the first number).

Scott Ludlam's Office
8 Cantonment Street, Fremantle, WA 6160
Ph: 08 9335 7477 | toll free (WA only) 1300 733 450 | Fax: 08 9335 7499

Canberra Office
Senate Suite S1-49, Parliament House, Canberra, ACT 2600
Ph: 02 6277 3467 | Fax: 02 6277 5821

senator.ludlam@aph.gov.au | scott-ludlam.greensmps.org.au

Last edited:

CCC

Just a suggestion here - don't restrict yourself to one politician from political party. Find our who your local member is and write to them as well. It's also good to cc the Minister for Health and the Shadow Minister for Health. Depending on where you live, that could still be one email, but cc'd to four people (Ludlam, your MP and the Shadow/Minister for Health).

If it becomes a thing for one party, then that's what it becomes. Party political.

It's a good thing that Ludlam (and another, non-Greens politician) have picked this up, but we need to move past it. Cross-party backbench support is the next step.