1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME/CFS Article in "Last Word on Nothing"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by slayadragon, Apr 23, 2014.

1. slayadragon

slayadragon Senior Member

twitpic.com/photos/SlayaDragon
    "Last Word on Nothing" is a blog read primarily by science journalists. Today and tomorrow, they are featuring a piece about ME/CFS (including current issues with the definition) by math/science reporter Julie Rehmeyer.

From what I have seen, established journalists (apparently influenced by Reeves and Wessely) have almost across the board an incredibly inaccurate understanding of ME/CFS, in many cases willing to argue strongly that it is psychological. And science journalists appear to care a lot about what their peers think. I thus hope that the sharing of accurate information in this venue will change a lot of perceptions and result in better media coverage in the future.

-Lisa

http://www.lastwordonnothing.com/20...ful-about-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/#more-7604
  2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    Thanks.
    golden likes this.
  3. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Really great articles, thanks for posting them up.
  4. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    This was the best part:

Edited to add: To clarify, this is from Part 2.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    allyb, rosie26 and peggy-sue like this.
  5. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    justy and Valentijn like this.
  6. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    HHS is not a year early, because they are working to reinforce current attitudes. The hoopla around the IOM contract will drown out the data. This will be another victory for the propaganda machine.
    allyb likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.