Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME/CFS and the UK General Election

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by charles shepherd, May 1, 2015.

1. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

AndyPandy, oceiv and sarah darwins like this.
  2. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

Votes so far….

• Will you be contacting your new MP after the election to ask him/her to join the All Party Parliamentary Group on ME at Westminster?
      • Definitely (42%, 5 Votes)

• Probably (17%, 2 Votes)

• Not sure (8%, 1 Votes)

• Probably not (17%, 2 Votes)

• Definitely not (16%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 12
    Polls Archive

oceiv likes this.
  3. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    oceiv and taniaaust1 like this.
  4. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    Isn't the point of the All Party Parliamentary Group on ME to build a non-partisan consensus for change? Things are more likely to get done if the partisan stuff is put to one side. If a site like this is seen carrying endorsements for one party or another, other parties are likely to become obstructive on principle. Politicians are like that. :bang-head:

Seems to me the ME Association have it right on this. Vote for whomever you want on whatever grounds you want, then lobby your MP, whether it's the MP you wanted or not, to join that group.

5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    @charles shepherd - now that the election is over, does the MEA have a form letter to send to MPs?

See more popular forum discussions.