1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME/CFS and ammonia

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Legendrew, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Legendrew

Legendrew Content team

UK
    I'm just wondering whether anyone has had their ammonia levels tested in ME. Were they high? low? I'd love to hear anything about this! I'd be interested to hear about blood urea levels too.
  2. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
    Just tested my ammonia level last week, 52 where the range is < or = 47. So high, but not outrageous.

What are you trying to correlate to? My diet is high fat, medium protein and low carb due to my severe reactive hypoglycemia, which may affect ammonia levels. Or it's my methylation cycle, which I'm just at the earliest stages of getting my arms around.

See more popular forum discussions.