• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFIDS Review Article

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
http://www.um.edu.mt/umms/mmj/PDF/420.pdf

I am not good at searching. I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere else. In particular, I am interested in discussing the viruses linked to ME/CFS. My son spent over a month in the hospital infected with a virus that was a mystery for most of his stay. He had respiratory symptoms, a high fever, sore throat and aches and pains. He also had brain swelling. At the end of his stay, as he was getting better, he still had the aches and pains. They sent a rheumatologist in who diagnosed him with Fibromyalgia. At that time, he had all the tender points. He had not had them before to my knowledge. They also decided the virus he had was an Adenovirus. My question is the following: Could any of the viruses listed have been mistaken for an adenovirus, which is a DNA virus. In particular, could Lentivirus or Enterovirus have been mistaken for Adenovirus? Why do viruses trigger ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia? What is the connection?

I forgot to mention he had extremely painful migraines and seizures. They may have been related to the high fever and brain swelling, however.